Friday 22 March 2013

* Fashion Friday *

holland america line   

I bought this  simple sweater today for more then one reason

1. Love the color
2. Love the sweater style

2 reasons that attracted me to it, but on a closer inspection it has a sentimental reason.
The text on it: Holland America Line on top
and Rotterdam Amsterdam on the bottom

Many, many years ago my mother, father and brother left Holland, Rotterdam with this Ocean Liner on a trip to Australia. It took them about 6 weeks to get there, my brother was 2 years old.
My parents started a new adventure on the other side of the world.
7 years later I was born.
Yes, I was born in Australia, in a small town called Whyalla, Adelaide the closest big city a day traveling away.
2 years after I was born my Mum, brother and me headed back to Rotterdam with this same Ocean liner.
My dad took an airplane back to get back early to get everything organized.
My father got homesick and wanted to get back.
I know absolutely nothing about this trip but this sweater is a big part of my family history
and I just had to have it!


Have a FABULOUS weekend Chicas!


1 comment:

  1. I love the sweater too - but with that great a story behind it, it is even more awesome. What an adventurous family you've got! =)

    xo

    ReplyDelete